The vision is that all commercial decisions we make will be based on data and insights about our consumers and shoppers.
Atria's journey began almost 120 years ago as a cooperative for the sale of livestock. Today, Atria is one of northern Europe's largest food companies with well-known brands such as Lönneberga, Lithells och Ridderheims. But with great ambitions, also come challenges.
Atria's Insights organization is a small team that supports a large, decentralized organization with data and insights. That’s why they are always looking for new technical solutions that can help them work more efficiently.
Previously, all research and reports were saved in shared folders or locally on computers. While smooth for the moment, this leads to problems when someone quits and all reports disappear, or you forget that some research was already done several years ago.
- On the one hand, we lacked a system for disseminating all insights to our employees, but we also lacked the time to present and inform about all insights, says Stefan Holmsten, Market Insight Manager at Atria.
Just over a year ago, they’d had enough, and at the beginning of the pandemic last summer, they started using Stravito. Over the course of a few early summer weeks, all of Atria's knowledge was made available in a new internal platform.
- It was amazingly smooth. With Stravito doing the most of the work, the implementation was so easy that I can barely remember it, says Rebecka Thulin, Consumer Insight & Market Analyst at Atria.
It was amazingly smooth. With Stravito doing the most of the work, the implementation was so easy that I can barely remember it.
Today, everyone at Atria can access all the company’s knowledge; Atria's vision is that all employees will be able to go in and search and find their own reports, without being dependent on the Insight Team to do the searching for them.
- Stravito has helped bring attention to the fact that we have a lot of insights and in that way helped increase interest in finding out more about our consumers and shoppers. Employees across marketing, sales, and innovation use Stravito, Stefan continues.
They point out that it is now both easier and faster to get answers to specific questions.
Stakeholders also get better answers than before. In the past, it was easy to forget a report if it wasn’t brand new. Often, there may be 2-year-old content that is still relevant, but you may not know it exists or have forgotten about it. says Rebecka.
The Atria team also sees a clear and direct monetary value in making all its knowledge available in Stravito:
- It helps us all the time. It facilitates all our work with presenting results and reports, says Stefan.
By making the reports available in Stravito, we get more out of the research.
- By making the reports available in Stravito, we get more out of the research. The research is made available to everyone in the organization, and it is easier for us to go back and see what has been done in the past. So, the risk of us duplicating something is significantly reduced, and instead we reuse and apply the insights in new ways. continues Rebecka.
She mentions a specific example where Stravito was used to develop new strategies for the food service organization. The work began with an Insights review when Rebecka and her colleagues put together Collections for each segment with all the relevant information they had available in Stravito.
- It was incredibly powerful to be able to say that this is everything we know in the area, she continues.
It was incredibly powerful to be able to say that this is everything we know in the area.
Collections have also proven to be one of the most used features in Atria's platform and are used to gather all relevant content around a category, specific consumption habits, and more.
Another advantage of this new way of working is that the Insights team and their knowledge can have a wider reach than before. Even when insights team members are not directly involved in a project, they can brief the project team by putting together a Collection of relevant insights and thus contribute value.
Rebecka also points out the importance of a dynamic and continuously updated Home View in their Stravito platform. This is where the rest of the organization can easily access the latest reports and see what's new.
The simplicity of adding new material, along with the automatic tagging, is one of the reasons why the team at Atria chose Stravito as the solution to centralize all their market research.
The ease of uploading was super important. And the same with automatic tagging when you are a small team.
- The ease of uploading was super important. And the same with automatic tagging when you are a small team. She also points out the simplicity of using the platform. "It's logical and easy to use."
- We’ve also had a great experience with the Stravito team, says Stefan. "They’re knowledgeable and helpful."
Implementing Stravito is part of what Atria calls its Insight Journey.
- Everyone must be able to do their own analysis. They know their areas, we know research. Together, we all do our part to take Atria into the future. A future where we go from being product-driven to being consumer- and shopper-driven, Rebecka concludes.
Thank you, Atria, for allowing us to make this journey with you.
Charlotte Birchley Apr 15, 2021